POZE is about entertainment through true Rock & Roll, plenty of sparkle as the soundtrack to a perpetual Saturday night!
All comers welcome - Suck It And See!
A good time attitude and inclusive showbiz has attracted fans of all rock genres... And beyond!
The weekend belongs to everyone, all week long!
Originally inspired by:
TIGERTAILZ, TWISTED SISTER, WRATHCHILD, POISON, MOTLEY CRUE, SLAYER and METALLICA but on a mission to be original and experiment when it felt right.
Some of the many bands POZE have played with include THE LEVELLERS, TIGERTAILZ, BROKEN BONES, THE WURZELS, CHAS & DAVE, PRONGHORN, DOGSBODY, BABY VALENTINE, COWPUNCHER, ROLLING DRUNKS, STILLETOS, GALAHAD, DENZIL, ZIMMER FRAMES, SKINTRADE, GOLGOTHA, DUNEDAINE, THE HONEY WAGON, TOAD MOMENT, POISON CANDY, YELLOW TAXI, ANISEED TWIST, AGATHA'S GARDEN, WILD TURKEY and JANE POW.
BAND MEMBERS (POZERZ THROUGHOUT TIME):
- TV Star of BLIND DATE, Serious Blusher
- AKA: Dr HEDFUKK
JAZZMIN LeBON JOVI
- Years after leaving said she'd seen a 'Rockumentary' about LA glam and said "So that's what they'd been trying to get me to do for two years... I never understood glam until I left POZE!"
- Funky Danny went on to sing for a VERY HEAVY band.
- Possibly the nicest bloke in the world. Hit POZE from Wembley via the Isle Of Wight. Lots of drums with fast cars and naked ladies on them!
- The man of the moment!
(Great Aunty) ANDY GRAHAM
- The face on the bass that sets the pace!
SHAMUS MAXIMILLIAN PITTS III
- A glam punk with huge hair of many hues. Dedicated to the 'Trash' ethic.
- The Original!
- Clownwhite face, dry wit, early daze.
- A gothic vision who used his harmonic heart piercer geetar to great effect.
- Technically flashy. A very prolific writer that. The drive behind POZE.
- #1 Groupie collector! Passionately in love with rock, has POZE logo tattoo. Lives the dream. Happy Daze!
- Our Rock & Roll saviour that got us through our many gigs at the legendary MARQUEE and many more venues in London.
- He led us by the nose ring in strange directions. POZE... Our drugs hell!
- Totally glam. Had the sound, the look and the attitoood! Bashed our a few good tunez too!
- The C*** At The Front Who Does The Stunt! The one and only that won't take no for an answer.
Future Pozerz, Andy and Neil went to SURGE gigs and later asked Greg to spawn POZE in '86, just as 'glam metal' was spiralling upwards.
Inspired by this and other extreme sounds, plastered in 'slap', adorned with beads and charity shop tat, POZE were billed as "The GlamThrash PsychoFlapperz"!
Playing as many gigs as possible across the UK south coast, they got a large following of anyone after a good time.
Line ups changed, tapes were recorded and sold. Stages were shared with bands of the same 'entertain, regardless of genre' attitude. Grunge, Industrial... POZE played through it all, including everyone.
Gig swaps meant playing further afield, including great shows at the legendary MARQUEE and other London venues.
Because of Gregs environmental and political activism, POZE played charity/benefit gigs/band bashes and attempted to motivate and inspire from the stage, especially with the song 'DIRTY WORLD' which extolled the virtues of personal hedonism and global responsibility!
Whilst gigging, guesting and busking with inbred hillbilly freaks 'PRONGHORN', POZE signed to the CRAWDADDY labeland recorded 'FROM NASHVILLE 2 TRASHVILLE' featuring country gone glam and glam gone country. This lead into involvement with legendary film director KEN RUSSELL, resulting in the songs on their EP 'POETRY AND PANSTICK', adding to the rollercoaster ride that POZE were on.
Hearts were stolen, memories made... A whirlwind of gigs, songs, festivals, sex, fights, travel, recording, flyers, laughs, rehearsals, composing, arguments, triumphs and tragedies, along with two come-backs, photo shoots, make up, hair, glitter, frockz and fanz!
POZE were often told by folks that we were the inspiration for them to get into performing, which is splendid!
POZE emerged from the Filthy Future in 2008 with the 'SPARE FAIRY' EP and were then exxhumed in 2011 to take to the stage again... To prove what they always knew: Showbiz, entertainment and fun never go out of style!